Saturday, March 28, 2009

Is it possible to get Smugmug photos into Google Image Search?

Photos in Smugmug have a good chance of being indexed by Google Image search if Google robots know about the /Large type of pages.
I have constructed a HTML-page which links to 6 different photos to test this:
Photo gallery with penguins from Antarctica

If I am successful in this (takes a month or more to find out) then I can´t move the photos to another gallery. If I do this then the links will be invalid due to the very strange way Smugmug build an URL.

Update 2010-10-17: It is possible to make a Google friendly page in Smugmug. Create a gallery with no photos and code a HTML only  page with embedded photos, header tags etc.  However - this is a highly unproductive way do make Google friendly pages, so I have stopped using Smugmug as a photo hosting site. My penguin images are now moved to Penguin life in Antarctica.

2 comments:

Thomas Robinson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Thomas Robinson said...

The answer is yes: (which is good for me to know too)

http://tinyurl.com/pengu86g

Post a Comment