Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Fast and friendly Smugmug support - Panoramio profile

I did find a small security issue with my smugmug images and reported it to Smugmug help desk. They responded very quickly and fixed the issue in no time - very impressive.
I even got a free year of Smugmug. I feel really honored.

Hi Allan,

Thanks for getting back to us. Yes, this is a big deal. You are
correct, even with URL manipulation, the largest size returned should be
the largest viewing size that you have set in the gallery customization
screen. This has been fixed now :-) If you clear your browser cache
and try again, you shouldn't be able to URL manipulate your way to an -O
sized image now.

Again, thank you for bringing this to our attention. It's users like
you that really help us find little bugs like this that can become big
problems. You just got a free year of SmugMug as a reward :-) Please
let us know if there's anything else we can do for you. Thank you, and
have a great day!

Josh
SmugMug Support Hero



I tried searching for my Panoramio profile for LichtenHansen - Allan Hansen on Google and found nothing.
Most (I think) other Panoramio users have their profile indexed - Why not mine?
It may be one of those 20 plus SEO issues that no one knows about.
Well, It would be a boring world if you knew all the secrets.

No comments:

Post a Comment