Thursday, June 11, 2009

King penguins at South Georgia Island gallery on Smugmug

I did have some success in getting a HTML page and images indexed by Google with my gallery Adelie, Gentoo and Macaroni penguins in Antarctica.

I have tried the same with another gallery South Georgia Island and King Penguins but so far without any success. The last cache of the page is more than a month old.
Some of my most popular King penguin photos are shown on this page, so I am a bit disappointed right now. I have deleted the photo in the gallery and now it is all HTML. As this page is on my Smugmug site it means that I cannot any longer add comments. It is not shown in feeds anymore. I have also made the gallery invisible to Smugmug searches.
Hopefully this will help. The weeks to come will tell.

Update 2009-08-04:
Google has indexed this page on a number of different URL's (some of them not even belong to me, but to other Smugmug users), so I have deleted the gallery and started all over again. This time I have disabled the "Hello smuggers" before Google had the chance to index this gallery under other user accounts.
I hope that Smugmug will solve these serious SEO bugs soon - especially the duplicate page titles, the duplicate URL's and the duplicate Meta description issues.

Update 2010-10-12:
Smugmug have not solved these serious Search engine issues, and I do not think that they ever will.

No comments:

Post a Comment